We are a Christian community that is focused on Jesus Christ, centered in worship and prayer, and committed to participating in God’s mission of reconciliation in the world. We are an Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Chicago and members of the Worldwide Anglican Communion. If you are in the area, we would be glad to welcome you among us.
Bringing the mercy of Jesus to the world
We live out that mission in several ways.
· We seek to bear witness in word and action to the mercy of God revealed in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
· We seek to be agents of that mercy to a hurting world. We embody that mercy as a community of generous orthodoxy.
· We are an interesting mix of people. Some of us are “cradle Episcopalians” while other of us grew up in other Christian traditions or unchurched. We have Evangelicals, High Church/Catholics, Liberals, and Charismatics. We include Democrats, Republicans and Independents. Some of us are more or less committed to Christian nonviolence and others of us are more or less supportive of the possibility of a just war. We have people all over the map on any number of contentious issues. In spite of these differences, we are bound together by the Holy Spirit and seek to live as members of one another on a community of mercy.
We are bound together by:
· a shared commitment to the basic faith of the Christian creed.
· a determination to wrestle with scripture together
· a common desire to worship God in the beauty of holiness
· a mutual desire to be drawn deeper into God's life through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit
As someone here once said, "Some of us see it this way. Some of us see it that way. But we bring it all together at the foot of the cross.”
Of course, at the foot of the cross we are all challenged by the transforming forgiveness, healing, and teaching we know through Jesus.
All are welcome.
All will be encouraged.
All will be challenged.
All will be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We would be glad to have you among us.